Monday, February 28, 2011

Beginning afresh, continuing anew

Bismillāh walhamdulillāh waS-Salātu was-salāmu 'alā Rasoolillāh,

1 week ago, I was taking notes on the first day of Niche Hero. We had just offered Sal
āt al-Maghrib and the first evening talk was being anticipated.

I actually started off Niche Hero with a completely different idea from the one I had on Tuesday and with which I now drive ahead. For those of you who have an iPhone, I found the Amazon application to be an amazing first step for me as I ran through book descriptions and reviews on what I needed and ordered books within, literally, 1-click! For those of you without an iPhone, quit with the bluffs and get one!

My update: I have received 5 books which I ordered last week on Amazon, 2 of which I need to immediately get to grips with before comfortably starting to write. No bluffs - no excuses - my priority right now is to get through these books within 2 weeks.

With that, I now return to ad'iy
ā and to success at the highest level, inshāAllāh!

8 comments:

  1. wa 'alaykumasalaam wa rahmatullah,

    I wanted to say to this: "I now return to ad'iyā and to success at the highest level, inshāAllāh!"

    JazakAllahu khayrun for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. as an avid book reader...cant wait for your book inshAllah may Allah grant you the success for making this dream a reality. Ameen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Assalamoalykum

    MashAllah. If you dont mind which books have you ordered?

    Is your idea about writing books?

    Ws.
    Zalkernane

    ReplyDelete
  4. As someone who just doesn't read books, keep in mind that the audio books will make more profit then the paperback and that it will help miskeen people like me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Also have you looked into the kindle versions of books...I now own a kindle and prefer using it to it than the traditional books as it takes up less space.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wa 'alaykum as Salaam wa Rahmatullaah,

    JazakumAllaah khayr!

    @Alima - I hereby stampy my trademark on this ending. Shaykh Alshareef got beaten to it!

    @Zalkernane - yep, it sure is about writing books. I have ordered, upon strong recommendation from Zaheer, Nancy Lamb's 'The Writer's Guide to Crafting Stories for Children' and 'Creative Writing for Dummies.' I swear they should call it 'Creative Writing for Niche Heros'! :-)

    @Mohammad & Ridhwaana, audiobooks and Kindle are great suggestions - I hope you put your money where your mouth (or fingertips) are! These considerations can be made once I am done with the first draft of my book inshaaAllaah.

    And by the way... Apple Macs rule!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Imaad I came across an article that you might find interesting?
    http://gizmodo.com/#!5586204/publishing-ebooks-kindle-ipad-nook-kobo

    Yes I agree - Apple Macs do rule.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jazakilllāh khayr, sister Ridhwaana!

    I'm glad I have 2 loyal customers already waiting!

    ReplyDelete